The objectives of the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment include: low carbon economy, environmental protection, development of the national civil engineering infrastructure and energy security. Thus, the largest amount of funding for 2014-2020 EU financing period in Poland was allocated to this Programme.
Areas of support and types of projects that can be implemented under the Infrastructure and Environment Programme:
- Shifting towards a low carbon economy,
- Environmental protection including adaptation to climate change,
- Development of the TEN-T road network and multimodal transport,
- Road infrastructure for the cities,
- Development of railway transport in Poland,
- Development of low-carbon public transport in cities,
- Improving energy security,
- Protection of cultural heritage and development of cultural resources,
- Strengthening the strategic healthcare infrastructure.